The state role in education is at a critical inflection point. After years of expanding the role of state policy through the adoption and implementation of new initiatives, state legislators, chiefs, boards, governors, and other stakeholders must consider the sustainability of these additional responsibilities and the chart the right path going forward. To help navigate the changing education policy landscape, the Aspen Education & Society Program has developed new tools and resources to help state policymakers and groups that support them craft policy solutions that make a difference for students.
- Engaging State Legislators: Lessons for the Education Sector 2015. Kristen Soltis Anderson & Marisa Goldstein.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the State Education Agency 2015. Aspen Education & Society Program.
- State Education Policy Checklist 2015. Aspen Education & Society, CCSSO, Education Commission of the States, and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation.
- Teacher Evaluation and Support Systems: A Roadmap for Improvement 2016. Aspen Education & Society Program.
- The Complexity of Procurement for Instructional Materials 2015. Aspen Education & Society Program.
- Where Does It All Go? Uses of Federal Education Funding 2015.